The BookingSuite Booking Engine can calculate and display the tax & fees associated with a reservation. To specify rates and/or fees, please navigate to Pricing > Tax and Fee.
1. Click on the "Create New" Icon, then type the name of the Tax or Fee
2. Label it.
3. Description: Add a short description of the Tax or Fee.
4. In Use: Turn on the switch, to activate the feature.
5. Type: Select Tax or Fee
6. Method: Please choose one that applies:
- Exclusive, taxes will be applied to Rates
- Inclusive, taxes are already included in the Rates.
7. Value: Fill in the Value and select Percentage or Flat Fee.
8. Application: Please select how the Tax or Fee will be applied.
- For a tax, the following options will be available:
- For a fee, the following options will be available:
9. Compounding (Please select one of the following options available):
- Yes, the Tax or Fee will be applied to the principal balance, after the previous taxes and fees have been applied.
- No, non-compounding taxes and fees only applied to the main price.
10. Apply to: Please select all that apply:
- Room Charge
11. Click Save
12. Remember to publish your site when you are done adding the taxes.
*A friendly reminder, if you have multiple taxes and fees that need to be applied in a specific order, you can reorganize the order by clicking on the bullet next to the Tax and Fee and dragging it.