You might want to customize the permalinks of your website to make sure that it’s easy to remember and easy to share with others. How can you customize this permalink?
When you add a new page to your website, it automatically creates a standard permalink that looks like this: www.[yourhotel].com/[article-collection]/[article-name].htm.
With the help of the Permalink feature in your BackOffice, you are able to quickly change this link into a short, permalink that fits your specific needs.
If you would like to customize your permalinks, follow these steps:
1. Log into your BackOffice and go to Content > Pages
2. Click on Edit at the page for which you would like to customize the permalink
3. Click at the top on Configure and go to the Permalink section
Please note that if you use this feature on a page that is important for your SEO (Meetings, Weddings, Dining, etc.), we recommend the page to be redirected accordingly so that it is clear to search engines that your content can be found through a different link. The ticket should have “Add a 301 Redirect” as a subject. Please use the template below and our team will take care of the rest.
I have added a new permalink for my [OLD PAGE URL] page. Please point the old page to my new permalink URL at [NEW PAGE URL]."
What are the benefits of custom permalinks?
Here are some examples of how having custom permalinks could benefit you:
- Shortening offline links.
- Example: www.[yourhotel].com/promotions/holiday-special-2016.htm can now become www.[yourhotel].com/holidays, which is easier to remember, easier to type, and therefore easier to distribute.
- Improving clarity.
- For search engine optimization (SEO) reasons, you may have wanted to keep primary keywords in your article names, but that left you with an unclear premalink.
- **Note that there is negligible SEO changes when removing keywords in links. This will not remarkably affect your page’s organic ranking.
Use your shorter permalinks to get back into enhancing your offline marketing, improving your distribution, or simply to clear up your top content.