To make sure that you get the most out of RateManager, we recommend you to customize the account according to your needs. In this article you will learn all about how to do this.
Table of contents
- How to access your settings?
- Email settings
- Alert preferences
- Occupancy Check
- Video tutorial: Settings
1. How to access your settings?
You can access your RateManager settings by going to Account > Settings on the top-right corner.
2. Email settings
RateManager sends you regular email reports with the most important data so that you are up-to-date. You can decide how often you would like to receive these email reports and who in your property should receive them. Go to Account > Settings > Personal Settings and make changes anytime you want. If you want to add new recipients, simply click on the + sign.
3. Alert preferences
Your calendar on RateManager shows different background colours for the dates. What these colours mean, depends on how you have set it up. It can relate to one of the following three options:
- Difference between your current rate and RateManager's rate recommendation
- Difference between the reservations you had yesterday and those from today
- Difference between your rate and your competitors' median rate
This can help you quickly prioritize which date you should pay attention to.
To customize which colour should show what difference, follow these steps:
1. Go to Account > Settings > Settings > Alert preferences
2. Choose your preferred Alert Type
3. Choose your preferred Treshold Type
3. Move the blue buttons across the bar to set the tresholds as you wish.
In the example below, the settings will be shown in the calendar as follows:
- Green = difference between your rate and the rate recommendation is lower than 2%
- Yellow = difference between your rate and the rate recommendation is between 2% and 10%
- Red = difference between your rate and the rate recommendation is higher than 10%
With RateManager you have the opportunity to track an unlimited number of competitors of your choice. You can also change these competitors in Settings at any time you want by following these steps:
1. Go to your Account > Settings > Settings > Competitors
2. The blue competitors are the ones who are currently selected. Click on it to deselect and it will turn grey.
3. Click on a grey one to select and it will turn blue. You can also search for competitors by typing the name in the search bar.
**Tool tip: RateManager users select an average of 6 main competitors.
Keeping the events calendar up to date and relevant will help RateManager in providing you with the most accurate rate recommendations and forecasts.
To add events to the calendar, please follow the steps below:
- Go to Account > Settings
- On this next page, go to Settings > Events
- Select Add an Event
- Enter the Event Name and specify the Start and End dates of the event
- Click the green Add an event button to save the event
In RateManager you can select different Views for your calendar. A view basically shows a comparison between a specific room/rate type of your property and similar ones of your competitors. To make sure that you compare apples with apples, we advise you to customize this in your settings.
1. Go to Account > Settings > Settings > Views
2. Select Calendar or Rate Shopper. If you choose Calendar, you will be able to see this room/rate type on your calendar including rate recommendations and a comparison with your competitors' similar room/rate type. If you choose Rate Shopper you will only be able to see this room/rate type compared with your competitors' room/rate type in the Rate Shopper.
2. Add your own room/rate type that you would like to compare with your competitors and make sure to save it by clicking on the blue icon.
3. Select a room/rate type for each competitor that is comparable to your room/rate type that you just added.
7. Occupancy Check
The Occupancy Check feature can be used to report any incorrect occupancy data that RateManager is showing. If you notice that the occupancy rate that you see on RateManager does not match with the actual occupancy rate at your property, please report this by following these steps:
1. Go to Account > Settings > Settings > Occupancy Check
2. Fill out the correct occupancy for the dates that are showing incorrect occupancy rate
8. Video tutorial: Settings
Please watch the video below to learn about Settings.