To make sure that you get the most out of RateIntelligence, we recommend you to customize the account according to your needs. In this article you will learn all about how to do this.
Table of contents
1. How to access your settings?
You can access your RateIntelligence settings by going to Account > Settings on the top-right corner.
2. Email settings
RateIntelligence sends you regular email reports with the most important changes of your competitors' rates so that you are up-to-date. You can decide how often you would like to receive these email reports and who in your property should receive them. Go to Account > Settings > Personal Settings and make changes anytime you want. If you want to add new recipients, simply click on the + sign.
3. Alert preferences
Your calendar on RateIntelligence shows different background colours for the dates. These colours refer to how large the difference is between your rate and the average rate of your competitors for that specific date. This can help you quickly prioritize which date you should pay attention to.
To customize which colour should show what difference, follow these steps:
1. Go to Account > Settings > Settings > Alert preferences
2. Choose your preferred Treshold type
3. Move the blue buttons across the bar to set the thresholds as you wish. In the example below, the settings will be shown in the calendar as follows:
- Green= difference between your rate and your competitors is lower than 3%
- Yellow = difference between your rate and your competitors is between 3% and 27%
- Red = difference between your rate and your competitors is higher than 27%
With RateIntelligence you have the opportunity to track up to 5 competitors of your choice. You can also change these competitors in Settings at any time you want by following these steps:
1. Go to your Account > Settings > Settings > Competitors
2. The blue competitors are the ones who are currently selected. Click on it to deselect and it will turn grey.
3. Click on a grey one to select and it will turn blue. You can also search for competitors by typing the name in the search bar.
**Please note that you can select up to 5 competitors.
In RateIntelligence you can select different Views for your calendar. A view basically shows a comparison between a specific room/rate type of your property and similar ones of your competitors. To make sure that you compare apples with apples, we advise you to customize this in your settings.
1. Go to Account > Settings > Settings > Views
2. Add your own room/rate type that you would like to compare with your competitors and make sure to save it by clicking on the blue icon.
3. Select a room/rate type for each competitor that is comparable to your room/rate type that you just added.
6. Video tutorial: Settings
Below you can see a video that explains you the basics of Settings.