Are you wanting to offer additional services or products, but not necessarily as a promotion?
The add-ons are the answer. There is a difference between a promotion and an add-on. A promotion could be a discount or a certain package available for a date range whereas an add-on is a product or service that you need to pay for (i.e. bottle of champagne, airport pick up-drop off, a massage, etc.).
Important Note: Add - Ons will be only available if you are using BookingSuite's Booking Engine or Siteminder's sync.
I. How to create content
In BackOffice, go Marketing>Galleries>Promotions and click on "+Add-On"
- By clicking on "+ Add-on", and name your add-on.
- To give a better idea of what the add-on looks like, add a thumbnail from your Library or by clicking on "Select".
- Add a short description.
- Add a long description and inform as much as possible what this add-on is about. This textwill be displayed on the step "2.5" of the Booking Engine.
- Make sure to click on the blue Save button once you are finished.
II. Set up Pricing and Conditions
To set up your newly created add-ons prices, go to Pricing>Add-ons in BackOffice.
Here you will find the list of the add-ons you created.
To add the price/conditions:
- Select the add-on from the left side column.
- Select the price per unit.
- Select the elegible rooms on which add-ons will apply to. By clicking on "Default Category" all rooms will be selected.
- By selecting "Always Available", the add-on will be bookable through the Booking Engine 24/7, 365 days a year. If the add-on is only available for a certain period of time, do not select "always available". You will need to go to Pricing>Rate Planner to the "All Rates" section located on the left side of your screen. Select it and go to "Add-Ons", select the range and save.
- Make sure that you translate the add ons under Marketing>Localization for them to properly dispaly on your other website's languages.
- Once everything is completed, go to Marketing>Publish>Publish now to display your add-ons.
Congratulations! You can now create add-ons and its content , set up the prices and conditions.