This article summarizes how to set up Google Analytics (GA) tracking for your website.
With Google Analytics, you can track detailed performance metrics of your website, such as:
- The number of visits to your website
- The percentage of new vs. returning visitors
- How long visitors stay on each page of your website
- The locations from where you receive traffic
Here's how to get started ...
First, you will need to obtain your Google Analytics tracking code:
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account
- Click Admin at the top of the page.
- Click Tracking Info within the Property section.
- Click Tracking Code from the drop-down menu.5. Copy the Tracking ID (ex. UA-XXXXX-YY)
Once you have copied the Universal Analytics (UA) code, you will then need to:
- Log in to your Backoffice
- Go to Settings > Info.
- Under the section titled Google Analytics Tracking Info, paste the Tracking ID you copied earlier into the empty text box
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
- Go to Marketing > Publish and click Publish Now to enable Google Analytics tracking on your website.
** Please note, this is meant for Universal Analytics only. This will not include Cross Domain Tracking, Ecommerce Tracking, etc. Also, the data populated on 360 Analytics will not exactly match your Google Analytics account, as BookingSuite uses a different data source to track your website's traffic.